How can I be mindful now?
- Stop What You’re Doing and Take a Breath. Take a moment to notice the sensation of your breath.
- Put Down Your Phone.
- Do One Thing at a Time.
- Find Mindful Moments in Everyday Tasks.
- Notice the Moves You Already Make.
What is the meaning of being mindful? Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment, through a gentle, nurturing lens.
How can I be mindful at home?
- Set an intention when you wake up.
- Make your bed.
- Do your laundry.
- Practice mindful eating.
- Turn off the TV, the computer and any other stimulating devices at least two hours before bed every evening.
- Slow down, literally.
- Pause to think about your consumption.
What are the 5 basics of mindfulness practice?
- Five Steps to Mindfulness.
- First Mindfulness Exercise: Mindful Breathing.
- Second Mindfulness Exercise: Concentration.
- Third Mindfulness Exercise: Awareness of Your Body.
- Fourth Mindfulness Exercise: Releasing Tension.
- Fifth Exercise: Walking Meditation.