How can I be mindful while eating chocolate?
- Get a small piece of chocolate. That’s right; for the chocolate meditation, you need, of course, a piece of chocolate.
- Relax your body.
- Smell, gaze, and nibble.
- Focus on the sensations.
- Re-focus on the present.
- Savor the feeling.
What is chocolate mindfulness? Chocolate meditation is a form of mindfulness meditation where a piece of chocolate is used as a focal point for all the senses. You hear the wrapper and smell, feel, see, and taste the chocolate as part of the practice. Mindfulness meditation trains the mind to focus or stay in the present moment.
What is the mindful eating challenge? The free 5-day Mindful Meal Challenge is a simple commitment to practice mindful eating just once a day for five days. With daily videos and a supportive community, you’ll get the knowledge and experience you need to continue your mindful eating habit for years to come.
How do I teach my child mindfully to eat?
- Sit at the dinner table for your meal. It’s important to pay attention while eating, rather than grazing mindlessly.
- Rate your hunger level.
- Let kids serve themselves.
- Encourage slow eating.
- Discuss the food.
- Make nutritious snacks easy to access.
- Don’t buy “occasional” items.