What are the 4 mindfulness techniques?
- S – Stop what you are doing, put things down for a minute.
- T – Take a breath.
- O – Observe your thoughts, feelings, and emotions.
- P – Proceed with something that will support you in the moment.
What are the 5 basics of mindfulness practice?
- Five Steps to Mindfulness.
- First Mindfulness Exercise: Mindful Breathing.
- Second Mindfulness Exercise: Concentration.
- Third Mindfulness Exercise: Awareness of Your Body.
- Fourth Mindfulness Exercise: Releasing Tension.
- Fifth Exercise: Walking Meditation.
What are the three 3 steps of practicing mindfulness meditation?
- Step 1: Step Out of Autopilot. Find a quiet space in which to sit still, gently close your eyes and take a pause.
- Step 2: Become Aware of Your Breath.
- Step 3: Expand Your Awareness Outward.
What does Mindful meditation mean? Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment, through a gentle, nurturing lens.