What is mindful eating meditation? Mindful eating simply invites us to be present while cooking or eating, allowing us to truly savor our food without any judgment, guilt, anxiety, or inner commentary. This approach is about spending less time focused on your weight and the storylines around your weight.
How can I practice mindful eating?
- Eat more slowly and don’t rush your meals.
- Chew thoroughly.
- Eliminate distractions by turning off the TV and putting down your phone.
- Eat in silence.
- Focus on how the food makes you feel.
- Stop eating when you’re full.
What foods are good for mindful eating?
- The 8 Most Mindful Foods.
- Pomegranates. A whole pomegranate may be THE most mindful food I can think of.
- Pistachios. Pistachios and other shelled nuts require a little (or a lot of) work.
- Edamame (in pods)
Is it OK to meditate while eating? So, now you’re wondering: Can you meditate after eating? Meditation is possible after eating, though it’s advised to leave a gap of at least 90 minutes between eating and meditating. This will allow your body to adequately digest the meal, without causing you to become distracted by hunger.