How can I be mindful in programming?
- Feel your keyboard. As a programmer and writer, I spend more time touching my keyboard than probably anything else in the entire world.
- Guided Meditation.
- Take a few deep breath or get up every time your code is running/compiling.
What are the 7 principles of mindfulness?
- Non-judging. Be an impartial witness to your own experience.
- Patience. A form of wisdom, patience demonstrates that we accept the fact that.
- Beginner’s Mind. Remaining open and curious allows us to be receptive to new.
- Trust. Develop a basic trust with yourself and your feelings.
- Letting Go.
Can meditation help programming? Enhance your cognitive abilities
Through meditation, you’ll be able to further enhance these cognitive abilities. This in turn will benefit your study of programming no matter your skill level.
How do you relax when coding?
- Get some exercise.
- Work on a different creative project.
- Don’t finish the day mid-task.
- Use a sleep sounds app.
- Write down your thoughts.
- Embrace your creative time.