How can I be more mindful when eating?
- Begin with your shopping list.
- Come to the table with an appetite — but not when ravenously hungry.
- Start with a small portion.
- Appreciate your food.
- Bring all your senses to the meal.
- Take small bites.
- Chew thoroughly.
- Eat slowly.
What are the three parts of mindful eating? Mindful eating (i.e., paying attention to our food, on purpose, moment by moment, without judgment) is an approach to food that focuses on individuals’ sensual awareness of the food and their experience of the food.
What foods are good for mindful eating?
- The 8 Most Mindful Foods.
- Pomegranates. A whole pomegranate may be THE most mindful food I can think of.
- Pistachios. Pistachios and other shelled nuts require a little (or a lot of) work.
- Edamame (in pods)
How can I trick my mind into not being hungry?
- Decant Your Crisps.
- Share and Share Alike.
- Buy Smaller Crockery.
- And Small Cutlery.
- Drink a Glass of Water Before Every Meal.
- Avoid Soda Drinks.
- And Fancy Coffees.
- Share a Dessert.