How can I have a peaceful birth?
- helping your body stay relaxed.
- giving your baby lots of oxygen during contractions.
- letting your support person know that a contraction is starting or ending, so they know when to help you.
- letting everyone in the room know that a contraction is beginning.
What is a holistic birth plan? A holistic approach to pregnancy and childbirth also recognizes that a woman’s body is naturally designed to conceive, nourish, and give birth to a baby. It trusts the natural progression of pregnancy and labor. Starts with least invasive approach but uses the full range of therapies as needed.
What is a doula vs midwife? There is one significant difference between a midwife and a doula. Midwives provide medical care for you during pregnancy, birth, and the immediate postpartum period. Doulas provide you and your family with emotional, informational, and physical support during pregnancy, birth and the immediate postpartum period.
How can I give birth without an epidural?
- Choose the right provider.
- Exercise regularly.
- Take a natural birth class.
- Hire a doula.
- Write a birth plan.
- Spend early labor at home.
- Learn to face contractions.
- Take advantage of pain management techniques.