How can I train my mind to be mindful?
- Anchor. “Bring gentle attention to an object you choose, and if your attention wanders away, gently bring it back,” Cheng-Meng advises.
- Rest. Ever feel like you’re moving at a million miles a minute?
How can I practice mindfulness and reduce anxiety?
- Set an intention.
- Do a guided meditation or mindfulness practice.
- Doodle or color.
- Go for a walk.
- Wish other people happiness.
- Look up.
- Brew on it.
- Focus on one thing at a time.
Does meditation help with shyness? Research suggests that a mindfulness-based meditation practice can be as effective as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for treating social anxiety. Specifically, meditation could give you more power over negative self-beliefs, such as “I’m not normal” or “I’m socially awkward” and help you foster self-compassion.
How can I be mindful with social anxiety?
- Meditate for shorter periods of time.
- If your mind wanders, gently remind yourself to return to the meditation.
- Use a voice recorded script or choose a mantra to keep you focused.
- Try a different location with fewer distractions.
- Choose a different time of day, when you have fewer worries distracting you.