How do I become a certified mindfulness-based stress reduction? You will usually need to take the eight-week MBSR course as a participant before you can officially start your teacher training. Many providers will request that you allow six months to study the MBSR curriculum and attend a retreat, followed by a further 4-12 months to lead two x 8-week MBSR courses of your own.
What is mindfulness-based stress reduction? Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) is a therapeutic technique in which an instructor guides participants in weekly practices like meditation and yoga in order to reduce stress levels.
What are the 9 ways that mindfulness reduces stress?
- You become more aware of your thoughts.
- You don’t immediately react to a situation.
- Mindfulness switches on your “being” mode of mind, which is associated with relaxation.
- You are more aware and sensitive to the needs of your body.
- You are more aware of the emotions of others.
How long is the MBSR course? It traditionally consists of 26 hours of session time including eight classes of 2-1/2 hours and an all-day class. The circumstances of some groups exclude them from participating in this standard form and a number of trials have evaluated programs with abbreviated class time.