How do I learn mindful meditation?
- Sit comfortably.
- Notice what your legs are doing.
- Straighten your upper body—but don’t stiffen.
- Notice what your arms are doing.
- Soften your gaze.
- Feel your breath.
- Notice when your mind wanders from your breath.
- Be kind about your wandering mind.
What are the 5 basics of mindfulness practice?
- Five Steps to Mindfulness.
- First Mindfulness Exercise: Mindful Breathing.
- Second Mindfulness Exercise: Concentration.
- Third Mindfulness Exercise: Awareness of Your Body.
- Fourth Mindfulness Exercise: Releasing Tension.
- Fifth Exercise: Walking Meditation.
Can you teach yourself mindfulness? Reminding yourself to take notice of your thoughts, feelings, body sensations and the world around you is the first step to mindfulness.
What is mindful meditation? Mindfulness meditation requires mental discipline, wakefulness, and intention. It teaches you to look at your thoughts and emotions objectively, without interference from your unconscious reactions. It’s about noticing what’s happening without trying to change it.