How do you do mindful meditation?
A Simple Meditation Practice
- Sit comfortably.
- Notice what your legs are doing.
- Straighten your upper body—but don’t stiffen.
- Notice what your arms are doing.
- Soften your gaze.
- Feel your breath.
- Notice when your mind wanders from your breath.
- Be kind about your wandering mind.
What are the three 3 steps of practicing mindfulness meditation?
MINDFULNESS: THE 3-STEP EXERCISE From positivepsychology.com & presented by Deidre Dattoli
- Step 1: Step Out of Autopilot. Find a quiet space in which to sit still, gently close your eyes and take a pause.
- Step 2: Become Aware of Your Breath.
- Step 3: Expand Your Awareness Outward.
What are the 5 basics of mindfulness practice?
- Five Steps to Mindfulness.
- First Mindfulness Exercise: Mindful Breathing.
- Second Mindfulness Exercise: Concentration.
- Third Mindfulness Exercise: Awareness of Your Body.
- Fourth Mindfulness Exercise: Releasing Tension.
- Fifth Exercise: Walking Meditation.
What are the 7 steps of meditation?
How to Meditate in 7 Simple Steps
- Sit upright comfortably.
- Breathe deeply.
- Gently close your eyes.
- Slowly scan your body, and notice any sensations.
- Be aware of any thoughts you are having.
- When your mind wanders, focus on your breath.
- Gently open your eyes when you are ready.