How do you run a mindful walk?
- As you begin, walk at a natural pace.
- Now for a few minutes, expand your attention to sounds.
- Shift your awareness to your sense of smell.
- Now, move to vision: colors and objects and whatever else you see.
- Keep this open awareness of everything around you, wherever you are.
Can I practice mindfulness while walking? Mindful walking simply means walking while being aware of each step and of our breath. It can be practiced anywhere, whether you are alone in nature or with others in a crowded city. You can even practice mindful breathing and walking meditation in between business appointments or in the parking lot of the supermarket.
How do you do a meditative walk?
- Draw an imaginary line on the floor.
- Walk along the line, slowly and mindfully.
- Focus on the sensations in your feet as you lift one foot, move it forward, place it on the ground, and finally move weight onto it.
What is a Zen walk? Kinhin zen walking meditation is a walking meditation that is practiced in combination with zazen or seated meditation in the Japanese zen tradition, referred to simply as kinhin. During kinhin, practitioners usually walk around a room clockwise between their periods of zazen.