What are the 3 core components of self-compassion?
- Self-kindness vs. Self-judgment.
- Common humanity vs. Isolation.
- Mindfulness vs. Over-identification.
What are the 3 strategies for more self-compassion?
- strategy 1: talk to yourself like someone you love.
- strategy 2: catch and replace judgmental thoughts.
- strategy 3: use validation to increase self-compassion.
- putting self-compassion into practice with loving kindness/metta meditation.
How can I practice mindful self compassion?
- Step 1: Practice Forgiveness. Stop punishing yourself for your mistakes.
- Step 2: Employ a Growth Mindset. At the heart of Carol Dweck’s research is the impact of our mindset on wellbeing.
- Step 3: Express Gratitude.
- Step 4: Find the Right Level of Generosity.
- Step 5: Be Mindful.
What are the four self-compassion phrases? Other options include “Other people feel this way,” “I’m not alone,” or “We all struggle in our lives.” “May I be kind to myself.” Alternatively, you can use other phrases that may apply better in your current situation, such as “May I forgive myself” or “May I be patient.”