What are the 8 mindful attributes?
Gunaratana (1996) suggests 8 basic characteristics of mindfulness:
- (1) Nonjudgmental Observation.
- (2) Acceptance.
- (3) Impartial Watchfulness.
- (4) Nonconceptual Awareness.
- (5) Present-Moment Awareness.
- (6) Nonegotistic Alertness.
- (7) Awareness of Change.
- (8) Participatory Observation.
What are the 4 mindfulness techniques?
Next time you find your mind racing with stress, try the acronym S.T.O.P.:
- S – Stop what you are doing, put things down for a minute.
- T – Take a breath.
- O – Observe your thoughts, feelings, and emotions.
- P – Proceed with something that will support you in the moment.
What are the 7 principles of mindfulness?
- Non-judging. Be an impartial witness to your own experience.
- Patience. A form of wisdom, patience demonstrates that we accept the fact that.
- Beginner’s Mind. Remaining open and curious allows us to be receptive to new.
- Trust. Develop a basic trust with yourself and your feelings.
- Letting Go.
What are 5 mindfulness exercises?
Here are 5 exercises that take very little effort and can be done pretty much anywhere, at any time: Mindful breathing. Mindful observation.
- Mindful Breathing.
- Mindful Observation.
- Mindful Awareness.
- Mindful Listening.