What is a mindfulness course? Mindfulness training is the teaching or learning of practices designed to help participants increase their ability to live fully in the present moment. The ability to be present and aware is a powerful counter to the common tendencies to relive past events or to worry about potential events.
What are the 7 principles of mindfulness?
- Non-judging. Be an impartial witness to your own experience.
- Patience. A form of wisdom, patience demonstrates that we accept the fact that.
- Beginner’s Mind. Remaining open and curious allows us to be receptive to new.
- Trust. Develop a basic trust with yourself and your feelings.
- Letting Go.
What qualifications do I need to teach mindfulness?
- Professional qualification in a caring profession or equivalent life experience.
- Completion of a live or online 8 Week MBSR course.
- Attendance of at least 1 Teacher led Mindfulness Retreat preferably a 5 Day Retreat.
- Minimum of 6 months of daily formal mindfulness meditation practice.
How do I start being mindful?
- Sit comfortably.
- Notice what your legs are doing.
- Straighten your upper body—but don’t stiffen.
- Notice what your arms are doing.
- Soften your gaze.
- Feel your breath.
- Notice when your mind wanders from your breath.
- Be kind about your wandering mind.