What is mindful communication? Mindful communication involves applying principles of mindfulness to the way we correspond with others. These principles include setting an intention, being fully present, remaining open and non-judgmental, and relating to others with compassion.
How do you develop mindful communication?
- Clear Your Mind, Ground Yourself and Be Patient.
- Create a Protective Space for Your Conversation.
- Think About Your Word Choices.
- Use “I” Statements.
- Maintain Eye Contact with Others.
- Place Yourself in the Shoes of the Other Person.
- Choose Your Words Wisely.
What is the importance of mindful communication? Simply being mindful of our open and closed patterns of conversation will increase our awareness and insight. We begin to notice the effect our communication style has on other people. Practicing mindful communication brings us face to face with our anxieties about relationships.
What are examples of mindfulness in the workplace?
- ‘Be consciously present’ (Alidina, 2018).
- ‘Use short mindful exercises at work’ (Alidina, 2018).
- ‘Be a single-tasker’ (Alidina, 2018).
- ‘Use mindful reminders’ (Alidina, 2018).
- ‘Slow down to speed up’ (Alidina, 2018).
- ‘Make stress your friend’ (Alidina, 2018).