What is mindful eating exercise? Take matters into your own hands. A mindful approach means you’re focused on the process of eating and not rushing through a snack or meal. Slow down by using your non-dominant hand to eat. “This will help you become more attentive to the process,” Dr.
What is an example of mindful eating? Mindful eating: Eating on autopilot or while multitasking (driving, working, reading, watching TV, etc.). Focusing all your attention on your food and the experience of eating. Eating to fill an emotional void (because you’re stressed, lonely, sad, or bored, for example).
What are the steps of mindful eating?
- Sit down and unplug. Sometimes eating can feel like another item on the to-do list.
- Eat slowly.
- Chew well.
- Sip, don’t gulp.
- Embrace your senses.
- Eat only when you’re hungry.
- Adopt an attitude of gratitude.
How do you eat mindfully in 5 simple steps?
- Step 1 – When hunger strikes. When you are hungry, become aware of your body.
- Step 2 – Choosing what to eat. Look or think about the choices available to you, becoming aware of what’s on offer.
- Step 3 – Preparing your food.
- Step 4 – Eating.
- Step 5 – After you’ve finished.