What is mindful self-compassion? Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) combines the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion to enhance our capacity for emotional wellbeing. Mindfulness is the first step—turning with loving awareness toward difficult experience (thoughts, emotions, and sensations).
Is mindful self-compassion evidence based? Mindful Self-Compassion is an evidence-based practice.
A string of such moments can change the course of your life.”
What are the three components of mindful self-compassion?
- Self-kindness vs. Self-judgment.
- Common humanity vs. Isolation.
- Mindfulness vs. Over-identification.
How can I practice mindful self-compassion?
- Step 1: Practice Forgiveness. Stop punishing yourself for your mistakes.
- Step 2: Employ a Growth Mindset. At the heart of Carol Dweck’s research is the impact of our mindset on wellbeing.
- Step 3: Express Gratitude.
- Step 4: Find the Right Level of Generosity.
- Step 5: Be Mindful.