What is mindful speech? Mindful speaking implies having the ability to speak to someone with awareness of what you are saying and the tone in which you say it. Mindful communication also involves listening and using nonverbal cues with kindness, compassion, and attention.
What are the guidelines for a mindful speech?
- Refraining from Gossip.
- Refraining from Harsh Speech.
- Refraining from Useless Speech.
- Speaking at the Appropriate Time.
- Practicing Mindful Speech.
- Think Before You Speak: 4 Questions to Ask Yourself.
What is an example of being mindful? For example, when you eat a favorite food, take the time to smell, taste and truly enjoy it. Live in the moment. Try to intentionally bring an open, accepting and discerning attention to everything you do. Find joy in simple pleasures.
What are the 8 mindful attributes?
- (1) Nonjudgmental Observation.
- (2) Acceptance.
- (3) Impartial Watchfulness.
- (4) Nonconceptual Awareness.
- (5) Present-Moment Awareness.
- (6) Nonegotistic Alertness.
- (7) Awareness of Change.
- (8) Participatory Observation.