What is mindfulness in eating? Mindful eating (i.e., paying attention to our food, on purpose, moment by moment, without judgment) is an approach to food that focuses on individuals’ sensual awareness of the food and their experience of the food. It has little to do with calories, carbohydrates, fat, or protein.
What is a quote for eating healthy? “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness and maintain an interest in life.” – William Londen, bookseller and bibliographer.
What are some mindfulness quotes?
- “If it’s out of your hands, it deserves freedom from your mind too.” –
- “The way you speak to yourself matters.” –
- “Visualize your highest self and start showing up as him/her.” –
- “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” –
- “The first and best victory is to conquer self.” –
How do I stay mindful while eating?
- Begin with your shopping list.
- Come to the table with an appetite — but not when ravenously hungry.
- Start with a small portion.
- Appreciate your food.
- Bring all your senses to the meal.
- Take small bites.
- Chew thoroughly.
- Eat slowly.