What is self-compassion according to Neff? Neff believes that self-compassion is being patient, kind, and understanding when faced with personal failings instead of “mercilessly judging and criticizing yourself for various inadequacies or shortcomings.” As a result of practicing self-compassion, “we become an inner ally instead of an inner enemy.” Dr.
What are the three components of mindful self-compassion?
- Self-kindness vs. Self-judgment.
- Common humanity vs. Isolation.
- Mindfulness vs. Over-identification.
What is mindful self-compassion? Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) combines the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion to enhance our capacity for emotional wellbeing. Mindfulness is the first step—turning with loving awareness toward difficult experience (thoughts, emotions, and sensations).
How do you meditate for self-compassion?
- Read the meditation. Begin by sitting quietly and follow your breathing for a few minutes.
- Listen to the meditation. You can either listen to someone else read the meditation script, or make a recording you can listen to at any time.
- Write the meditation.