What is self-compassion meditation? Self-compassion is about finding a kinder and friendlier way to relate to yourself. Below are some exercises that are aimed at fostering a new, more gentle and loving perspective on your struggles and places in which you get down on yourself.
How can I practice mindful self-compassion?
- Step 1: Practice Forgiveness. Stop punishing yourself for your mistakes.
- Step 2: Employ a Growth Mindset. At the heart of Carol Dweck’s research is the impact of our mindset on wellbeing.
- Step 3: Express Gratitude.
- Step 4: Find the Right Level of Generosity.
- Step 5: Be Mindful.
What are the three components of mindful self-compassion?
- Self-kindness vs. Self-judgment.
- Common humanity vs. Isolation.
- Mindfulness vs. Over-identification.
How do you do compassion meditation? Please settle into a comfortable position and allow yourself to relax. Picture someone who is close to you, someone toward whom you feel a great amount of love. Notice how this love feels in your heart. Continue breathing, and focus on these feelings as you visualize your loved one.