What is the mindfulness muscle? One of these exercises is called mindful muscle relaxation. It involves cycles of flexing and releasing muscle groups, sequentially up your body. This experience functions both as a body scan, in that it forces you to imagine your muscles in a visually present way, and it can be considered a brief physical exercise.
How can you build your mindfulness muscle?
- PRACTICE 1: GO FOR A MINDFUL WALK. One of the quickest ways to build our mindfulness muscle is to consciously engage our five senses.
- PRACTICE 2: MINDFUL EATING.
- PRACTICE 3: JUST BREATHE.
- PRACTICE 4: STAY GROUNDED.
- PRACTICE 5: LABEL NEGATIVE EMOTIONS.
- PRACTICE 6: BE HERE NOW.
How does mind muscle connection work? When we focus our mind and attention to our movement, the neurons within our brain fire and send signals to our muscle fibers to contract. This improves the strength of contraction and also the quality of movement.
Why is muscle control important? Building muscular strength (to complement the endurance which comes from low intensity training), enables the body to perform harder, faster and safer than just being aerobically fit.