Which Jon Kabat-Zinn book is best?
How do I practice mindful meditation?
- Sit comfortably.
- Notice what your legs are doing.
- Straighten your upper body—but don’t stiffen.
- Notice what your arms are doing.
- Soften your gaze.
- Feel your breath.
- Notice when your mind wanders from your breath.
- Be kind about your wandering mind.
Is there any book on meditation? 1. Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind: Informal Talks on Zen Meditation and Practice – Shunryu Suzuki and David Chadwick. In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s mind there are few. All things Zen begin and end with this quote.
What are the 7 main benefits of mindful meditation? Among its theorized benefits are self-control, objectivity, affect tolerance, enhanced flexibility, equanimity, improved concentration and mental clarity, emotional intelligence and the ability to relate to others and one’s self with kindness, acceptance and compassion.