Why is it important to be a mindful leader? Mindful leadership helps you live with intention, both at work and at home, strengthening your ability to connect to yourself and others, as well as your ability to lead change effectively.
How does mindfulness relate to leadership? The practice of mindful leadership gives you tools to measure and manage your life as you’re living it. It teaches you to pay attention to the present moment, recognizing your feelings and emotions and keeping them under control, especially when faced with highly stressful situations.
How can I be a more mindful leader?
- Practice Mindfulness & Cultivate Presence.
- Build Emotional Intelligence.
- Develop Availability, Flexibility, Resilience.
- Focus on Integrity and Ethics.
- Embrace Radical Responsibility.
- Lead from Radical Possibility.
- Live the Spirit of Mastery.
How would you define mindfulness? Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment, through a gentle, nurturing lens.