Why is mindful parenting important? Mindful parenting teaches parents to become less reactive to the challenges of parenting. Instead of allowing emotions to lead your response to a situation, mindful parenting involves making an effort to control your emotions and thoughts to respond in a positive manner.
How do you practice conscious parenting?
- Talk to your kids. The next time your kids do something “wrong,” take a moment before you hand out the punishment.
- Do the Inner Work.
- Set clear boundaries.
- Accept how things are.
How can I be a mindful mum?
- Start the day off right.
- Practice S.T.O.P & R.A.I.N.
- Breathing Break.
- Ask yourself, “What can I do to make this moment better?”
- Make some YOU time.
- Pay attention to your senses and slow down.
- Set Intentions.
- Create a worry journal and write in it before going to bed.
How do you raise a mindful child?
- Start with intention. When doing things for and with your children, start with why.
- Stay present. It’s easy to allow worry to take you away from the present.
- Encourage communication about feelings.
- Admit your mistakes.